1834 West North Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60622
Tuesday - Thursday: 11 AM - 6 PM
Friday - Saturday: 11 AM - 7 PM
Sunday: 12 Noon - 5 PM
ShowroomFinder Member Since:
Visit our website
Vintage Underground is 3,500 square feet of vintage jewelry, clothing, antiques and collectibles, custom steampunk jewelry and accessories and other unique finds. Come and peruse our mind-boggling selection in a wide price range. We specialize in costume jewelry and carry a huge number of styles from the mid to late 20th century.
1. Clothes produced between 1920s and 1960s are generally considered vintage. Clothing from the 1960s to 1980s is often called “retro.”
2. Generally speaking, vintage clothing sizes run 4-6 sizes smaller than today’s modern clothing sizes. That means vintage clothing is likely to be smaller and tighter on your body than what the tag indicates. ALWAYS try on vintage clothing before purchasing.
3. If a dressing room is not available, try this: to get an idea of your vintage size, simply double your regular size. So if you are a size 5, then your vintage clothing size will be about 10.
4. Vintage accessories such as jewelry, scarves, hats and belts mix with almost any fashion style. Don’t be shy mixing and matching.
5. See something you like? Buy it now, because it’s likely to be gone tomorrow. Remember, true vintage is one-of-kind and will likely always hold its value.
6. Give yourself plenty of time to shop at a vintage store. Clothing often is not grouped by size, so you’re likely to spend hours sorting through racks and boxes.